Be A “Hero On A Mission” (Thank-you Donald Miller)
What Is A Hero On A Mission?
Your life is very much like a great movie, and most great movies have very similar characters.
- Villain – The bad or evil person unjustly causing pain or hardship for a purpose or organization.
- Victim – The person or organization who is unjustly being harmed or hindered by the villain.
- Hero – The person or group who is willing to take risks and do things for the sake of the victims.
- Guide – The person who has made mistakes, suffered, failed and succeeded as a hero and now is there to advise the hero.
In the course of our lives we all play all these parts at one time or another – let’s be real. I like to put these on a “lifeline”.
Your life, and the life of your business or organization, is drastically better, when you live as a Hero On A Mission. Most of us will never fight battles or lead attacks on an evil empire, but all of us can make a difference for people and causes that matter. Just look at the timeline above and candidly answer 3 questions about your life right now.
- Where on the lifeline above are you right now?
- Considering where you were 6 months ago, which direction on the lifeline have you been going?
- Where do you want to be 6 months from now?
3 Steps To Become A “Hero On A Mission”?
- Discover Your Purpose. (and FYI: The Purpose Of A Purpose )
- Find A Dream That Moves You In The Right Direction.
- List 3 Things You Can Do To Make The Dream Come True.